- Stocks are categorized into 16 W patterns--W1, W2, ..., W16--and 16 M patterns--M1, M2, ..., M16.
- In a W pattern the stock's last leg is upward, whereas in an M pattern the last leg is downward.
- The patterns are ordered from the weakest (1) to the strongest (16).
- Click on the patterns below to see their pattern evolution.
Traditional Technical Patterns
- M and W patterns may also be categorized in traditional technical analysis terms as follows:
- Uptrend: M15, M16, W14 and W16
- Downtrend: M1, M3, W1 and W2
- Head and Shoulders: W6, W7, W9, W11, W13 and W15
- Inverted Head and Shoulders: M2, M4, M6, M8, M10 and M11
- Triangles: M13 and W4
- Broadening: M5 and W12
|Head & Shoulders
|Inverse Head & Shoulders